Below are some alarming statistics from the Center to Prevent Lost Children, based out of Boston. http://www.preventinglostchildren.org/
- Over 2000 U.S. kids get lost every day.1
- Less than 10% are reported to any authority.2
- Approximately 100 U.S. kids are stereotypically kidnapped by strangers each year.1
- 90% of families will experience losing a child in a public place.
- 20% have lost a child more than once.2
- 7 out of 10 kids get lost at least once in their lives.2
- 95% will forever remember the trauma of getting lost.2
- Parents rank losing a child 5 times more concerning to them than terrorism and 3 times more concerning than abduction.2
- Kids get lost most often in malls and stores (45%)2
- 27% of families that visit an amusement park lose a child while they are there.3
- Only 9% of parents put some form of safe ID on their children.2
- 76% of parents want to know what to do to prevent a child from getting lost.2
1: Source = NISMART2: National Incident Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway and Thrownaway Children. U.S. Department of Justice. October 2002.
2: Source = Wander Wear Inc. parent survey, September 2006.
3: Source = IntiMetrix study, 2002.
For the 76% of parents who want to know what to do to prevent their child from getting lost I say look no further than the sentryGPSid personal location device! It’s the smallest, most intelligent, and most cost effective GPS tracking device and web portal combination on the market today. With the sentryGPSid you can know before your loved one wanders!
Tags: autism gps, child, child locator, gps, gps device, GPS Devices for Children, gps location device, gps personal location device, gps tracking, kids, missing child, personal locator device, safety